About LC Students
Sunday AM Groups
Groups begin at 9:30am each week. All teens meet in the Youth Commons and are split into Middle and High School groups when we begin each morning.
Wednesday Night Youth Group
Our biggest gathering is Wednesdays at 7:00 upstairs in the youth room. During this time students connect, encourage, and worship God together.
High School Small Groups
Guy and girls small groups are on Tuesday nights at 7:00.
We also have events on First Fridays (game nights), area-wide events with other youth groups, retreats, and other opportunities to connect and grow spiritually.
Fall Retreat | November 10-12 | Rethink
Fall Retreat is an awesome time to get away with other students and focus on our relationship with Jesus. We will worship, study, and discuss together. Plus we will have some fun games, activities, and even a much anticipated talent show.
Our theme this year will be Rethink. We will explore Jesus’ teaching from the Sermon on the Mount so that our thinking as followers of Jesus may be reshaped. Helping people live out the words of Jesus from his teachings. Allowing Jesus’ words to reprogram our hearts & minds will be life changing.
Aaron Purdy and his team will lead us in worship again. Carlos Isaziga a church planter in San Diego, CA will be our speaker. On top of that we will have a host of volunteers and small group leaders.
The even will take place at Silver Cliff Ranch outside of Buena Vista, CO.
Be sure to join us for this life changing event! Sunday, October 29th is the payment due date!
Rally in the 80s Valley 2017
- October 15, 2017 - 4:00-8:00PM
- Boulder Valley Church of Christ - 270 76th St., Boulder, CO 80303
- What’s going on: BBQ will be brought in for everyone and we’ll have games, giveaways, a time of worship, and message from veteran youth minister, Chris Hayes.
- Cost: FREE!
- What to Bring: Dress up like the 80s to win Amazon Giftcards (1st: $200, 2nd: $100, 3rd: $50)! ALSO We’re doing Socktober at BVCC, so feel free to challenge your groups to help out the homeless of the area and bring some.
- Info about our speaker: Chris Hayes has served in full-time Youth Ministry for 15 years. Throughout the years, Chris has enjoyed the opportunities of speaking at various summer camps and retreats. Chris currently serves as Director of Recruiting / Undergraduate Admissions at Lubbock Christian University where he continues his ministry by connecting students to a loving Christian community. He and his family worship at Sunset Church of Christ where Chris continues to be involved in their Youth Ministry in many ways. Chris enjoys watching The Walking Dead, Stranger Things, looking forward to Episode VIII, fearing for his life as he teaches his daughter how to drive, eating, watching college football and hoping the Texas Rangers will win the World Series in his lifetime.
- Info about our worship leader: Josh Wheeler sang with the nationally known A Capella group Legacy for years. He currently serves as Assistant Professor of Education at Lubbock Christian University while continuing to lend his voice to LCU’s chapel and their retreat event: Encounter LE.
- We are looking for parents to join us for the trip and drive vans.
High School Girl/Guy Groups
Most Tuesday evenings at 7pm at the DeChillo House.
Small group is spiritual fight club. What happens here stays here, because we talk about real & deep issues going on in each other's lives. The girls are currently also talking through 'For the Love' by Jen Hatmaker.
We often will talk about issues that are culturally relevant or immediately pertaining to the students in the group.
Save the Date!
- February 23-25
Soul Quest Summer Camp
- June 10-16